How to Resolve Outlook Sending Error 0x800ccc0f
The Outlook error code 0x800ccc0f usually occurs when Windows Firewall blocking the Microsoft Outlook. It will also appear when the email is sent using an SMTP server. Along with this Outlook error, the following message that comes, ‘Connection To the Server Was Interrupted’ or “Your Server Has Unexpectedly Terminated the Connection” will be displayed on the screen. In the following segment, we are going to discuss different ways to resolve Microsoft Outlook sending error 0x800ccc0f.
Possible Reasons behind Microsoft Outlook Send receive Error 0x800ccc0f
There are multiple causes due to which Outlook error 0x800ccc0f occurs in Outlook. Let us discuss all of them as follows:
- Internet connection may be slow due to any connectivity issues with Exchange server
- Firewall blocks both Microsoft Outlook outgoing or incoming message folders
- Incorrect configuration of Outlook account settings or may be corrupted profile
- Any technical issues with the mail server settings
- Due to the corruption in Outlook OST files
Depending upon such reasons, one of the following methods is performed to fix Outlook 0x800ccc0f error.
Manual Ways to Resolve Outlook error code 0x800ccc0f
Go through the following resolutions that will help to overcome Microsoft Outlook Sending Error 0x800ccc0f.
1. Check the Connectivity Issue: Initially, the users have to check the hardware connection with an Exchange server. For doing this, you need to verify both network connection and access the gateway connection to Microsoft Exchange server. Be sure that the configuration as well as settings are correct and everything in its proper place to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.
2. Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall: In order to Windows Firewall, the users anti-virus program may also get hamper the working of incoming and outgoing email messages. Thus, need to confirm if this issue happens then, disable the anti-virus and Windows Firewall also as given below:
- Click on the Control Panel and select the Network Connections
- Right-click on internet connection and choose the Properties option from a pop-up menu
- Under Security tab, you must switch off the Windows Firewall
Make sure that the users have to clear all pathways for incoming as well as outgoing emails. Now, manually add the name of incoming POP server and outgoing SMTP name to Outlook mail account. Perform below points:
- Now, start MS Outlook and click on the Tools and then, select E-mail Accounts
- Then, choose the View or change existing e-mail accounts and click the Next button
- The E-mail Account dialog box will be opened. Afterward, Click the Add >> POP3 >> Next option
- Enter the exact detail for POP3 mail server, and click Next button. Press Finish
- Check and verify the settings of MS Outlook profile
If the entire process does not work, further proceed to the next step.
3. Check Settings of Outlook Account: Here, check the default settings of Microsoft Outlook profile. If they are wrong, then, correct them properly. In case, If users are unable to find what is incorrect, then, remove the current default account and also create the new profile. After that set a newly created MS Outlook profile as the default account.
4. Remove Suspicious email messages from Outlook: Sometimes, doubtful emails with untrusted attachments could be the main reason behind Microsoft Outlook Sending Error 0x800ccc0f. If the users found such emails within Outlook inbox, delete them immediately. However, if Outlook outbox has become overcrowded, then, clean up the Outbox only.
5. Verify MTU size of Router: The MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) size of the router may also be creating an issue while sending or receiving the email messages. Check it out and make some changes to the outgoing message size limit accordingly.
6. Start Outlook in Safe mode: MS Outlook launches the safe mode application with same settings and add-ons are not loading. If the fault is in the free utility, then, fix it. To start MS Outlook in Safe mode:
- Under Run dialog box, Open Run or enter outlook.exe /safe in it
- Then, Click the OK button
You have to try this send or receive operation. If it does not work, requires to quit MS Outlook and then, move to the next resolution.
7. Using Inbox Repair Tool: If the above-stated solutions unable to work perfectly to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f then you can use an inbuilt feature of Outlook i.e SCANPST.EXE or Inbox Repair Tool. Sometimes, damage or corruption in Outlook data files may be the reason behind this error. To resolve this minor issue with Outlook data files(ost and pst), Microsoft provides inbuilt SCANPST.EXE utility.
This solution only works for all minor issues within the Outlook data file, however, it fails to achieve its goal if there is any severe corruption in PST or OST file.
Note: After applying such fixes, try to send or receive emails to make sure that the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f is resolved or not.
Effortless Solution to Fix Outlook 0x800ccc0f Error
The manual process mentioned above is quite complex and is very long to fix Microsoft Outlook Sending Error 0x800ccc0f, one can go for the trusted third party tool i.e. Outlook Recovery software. It is an amazing software to repair corrupt or damaged PST file without any data loss. However, the best part about this application is that it can repair Outlook PST file with both minor or major corruption issue. It is designed in such a way such that a novice user can always use it without any expert help.
Outlook error 0x800ccc0f creates a trouble for the users, and become hamper while trying to send/ receive Outlook email messages. We have covered multiple manual tricks to help the users learn how to Resolve Microsoft Outlook Sending Error 0x800ccc0f. Moreover, to avoid such annoying situations, one can take help of the tool that can fix such type of issues.