The most important thing outside of anything else is that you want to be relevant and reputable! Avoid copying and pasting articles, videos or images that have already been published. Be creative and write about what you know well and write often!
Think about how you or other users will type keyword phrases in search and include them naturally in your blog post.
Example of natural keywords – Sata Hard Drive, SCSI Hard Drive, External Hard Drive
- Always use at least (3-4 relevant words) for your ALT attribute
- Make sure you apply the same ALT attribute to images, videos, etc.
- Create categories that with good keywords – If you are using the All in One Seo plug-in make sure you deselect (Use noindex for Categories).
Keywords in URL paths: example.com/your-keywords-should- be
- Use dashes as your first choice (If you are using custom Permalink structure than this will be applied automatically)
- Next best is underscores
- No spaces is the worst structure to use such as; sataharddrivescheap
- Write about something you know well and you’re passionate about – It’s important to know your stuff! It will also build your reputation as a knowledgeable resource.
- Write often! – Avoid being stagnant. You want your loyal fans to come back each day to see what’s new.
How to measure your effectiveness
- Webmaster console at google.com/webmasters/
- Google Analytics
- Google Website Optimizer
Share some of your SEO tips with us.