Exchange is one of the major platforms for the storage of database and help users to execute cross-interaction conveniently. However, unlike, any other platform it is associated with some errors. One such error is Exchange 2013 server error 550 5.7.1 unable to relay. Now, it raises various questions in front of users like why this error occurs? What are the symptoms of the error? Is it possible to rectify this issue? Do not worry, as all these queries will be resolved in the upcoming part of the blog. Therefore, without wasting the time, let us begin to learn about the error thoroughly.
As we know, that SMTP i.e. Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is used for exporting emails from an email application to a server or vice-versa via Port 25. This protocol is accountable for exchanging database over a network. Nevertheless, at times it generates problems and ultimately shows the error message “Fix Exchange 2010 server error 550 5.7.1 unable to relay.”
What Does Exchange 2013 Server Error 550 5.7.1 Implies?
The above–mentioned Microsoft Exchange error 550 message indicates these things:
- The user is unauthenticated to the server. This is why the user unable to send the emails.
- Apart from this, it also shows that there is no particular Recipient’s policy for a specific domain in the department of the user.
- Corruption in the MS Exchange Server database can also be the reason that ultimately leads to this issue.
Symptoms of Exchange 2013 Server Error 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay
SMTP Error 550 5.7.1 unable to relay in Exchange 2013, 2010, 2007 is the error that arises with different symptoms. It is essential to examine the symptoms cautiously as it may useful in fixing the error before any kind of dangerous outcomes. These symptoms include:
- The error message may occur in case the domain counts increases to an extent
- Sending or email delivery fails with the error code 5.7.1, 5.0.0 or 5.7.3
- Microsoft Exchange Server may send email messages, which are commercial and the remote domain sends the information about the unsolicited commercial emails sent by your MS Exchange system.
Strategy of Fix Exchange 2013 Server Error 550 5.7.1 Code
Now, let us move to the manual procedure to fix the Exchange error 550.
Note: It is important to execute each step carefully for preventing any kind of critical situation. In fact, it is suggested to execute the steps with the help of technical expertise.
- Firstly, start Exchange Server Manager
- Now, go to Administrative Groups, which is in the Exchange Server Manager
- After this, choose the Administrative Group Name, pick the Server and then finally the Server Name
- Once it is done, hit on Protocols and choose SMTP
- Next, right-click on Default SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) Virtual Server to choose Properties
- Hit on the tab of Access, which is followed by the click on Relay to pick only the list below
- Then, pick the IP that you want to relay and the domain
- In the final step, mark the box linked with “Allow all machines or computers which successfully authenticate to relay regardless of the list above”
- Now, close all the opened tabs. After this, the SMTP Server now enables you to send emails
You may even examine all the existing MS Exchange Server errors in application event log and find for associated solution methods online. Examining the application event logs will be useful in the checking of actual reasons as well as the time when Exchange 2013 server error 550 5.7.1 unable to relay error message occurred. It is essential to know the cause behind the appearance of the error message. As once, users determined the responsible factor behind the Exchange error 550 5.7.1 then they can easily fix the issue. In addition, in case the error is due to the unhealthy or damaged database in Exchange then users can use ESEUTIL for repairing the data. It is a built-in utility in MS Exchange given by Microsoft. The tool can repair corrupted files if they are not damaged in a major manner. However, if the corruption is severe then it is good to use third party software. One such reliable utility is SysTools Exchange EDB Recovery.
Why Exchange Recovery Software is Dependable?
This is an outstanding tool, which is developed for the recovery of Exchange EDB files. The reason behind calling it a trustworthy software are many. Unlike manual solution, it has potential to repair any corrupted files regardless of its corruption level. It performs the entire process keeping the database safe and protected. The software is stand-alone and supports all versions of Exchange, which includes Exchange 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. Apart from recovery, users can even move the recovered files into PST and Windows Live Mail. In addition, the software maintains the folder hierarchy as well as the integrity of the data.
To Wrapping It Up
Microsoft Exchange has now become a major platform for the performing cross-communication. However, some errors may occur while accessing database in Exchange. One such error we have considered in the above section is Exchange 2013 server error 550 5.7.1 unable to relay. Users have to face certain challenges while finding the solution of the issue. Therefore, we have brought forth manual and a trouble free solution to fix this issue. Users can opt for any of the method are per the requirement.