Why SEO metrics are needed? Which are essential to make your website successful? Follow these 9 highly crucial SEO metrics to improve web traffic.
In case you are into digital marketing then it is quite likely for you to make use of SEO services. No doubt, SEO services prove to be quite effective in increasing the traffic rate to your website. Plus, these services can also enhance the reputation of your website. When it comes to assessing the success of your website then you can surely rely on the SEO metrics. In the market, there are many tools available through which you can check out the metrics as well as get an idea about how your website is performing.
In this regard, Google Search Console and Google Analytics are two highly effective tools available. These tools are available for free, and they offer most of the vital metrics you need. However, it is also important to know about the metrics you need to focus on. There are certain factors or metrics that matter, and paying attention to them will surely improve the traffic to your website. So, let us take a look at them.
Metrics you need to focus on
- Organic traffic – Like we know, organic traffic is the one your website earns when it is featured on the search engine results. In other words, you do not have to spend money for this traffic. So, it is vital for you to know the amount of organic traffic you are earning through your SEO campaign. It is always better to consider the landing page of your website to check the amount of organic traffic. Plus, you should also check the location from where your website is getting most number of visits.
- Breakdown of Organic Traffic – Even though Google is the most widely used search engine in the web world, but you should still check the organic traffic coming from other search engines, such as Bing, Yahoo, etc. In case you are not getting much traffic from the other search engines, it means you have to alter your SEO strategy.
- Click-through rate – For those who do not know, CTR or click through rate is the average ratio of online users who would check out your link when they come across of the same, on the page of a search result. With the help of CTR, it will get easier for you to figure out how effective your content in grabbing the attention of the users is.
- Local visibility – In case your business has a physical location(s) then checking out the local visibility is vital. This can be figured out by checking if your website shows up in the local keyword associated with the niche of your website. Plus, the search result should also show other details related to your business.
- Pages crawled on daily basis – There are certain tools that can provide you these details as well. The number of web pages which the search engine has crawled through can be figured out quite easily. Once you know the numbers, it would get easier for you to assess the effectiveness of your SEO campaign.
- Duplicate descriptions and titles – When you have similar titles and descriptions for your contents, then it proves detrimental for your ranking of your website. After all, the search engine must not get an idea that the contents have been duplicated. So, if you find anything similar, get it fixed as soon as possible.
- Focusing on the last pages – Also known as the exit pages, these web pages are the ones people would check out before exiting the website. By knowing about it, you will be able to work on such pages, by turning them into something more interesting for the visitors.
- Ranking of keywords in Google – Through this metric, you will be able to know about the Google ranking of the keywords used in your website. Once you know about them, you can bring in keywords which have a better rank and offer more traffic.
- Organic bounce rate – It is very important to know about the number of online visitors who bounced away right after checking out just one page of your website. So, you will certainly aim for lower bounce rate. In case your website has high bounce rate then you have to work on the SEO, design, and content of your website.
So, those were the nine important SEO metrics that you must measure from time to time. In this way, it will get easier for you to improve the different elements of your website. As a result, your website will get more amount of traffic; and we all know that higher traffic rate means better ranking in the search engine results.