The largest search engine cheered up after the winter hibernation and presented a number of improvements in its search services. Only in April, 53 changes in the work of search engine were introduced. Here are the main changes of Google.
- The search engine index increased by 15%. At the same time another level of the index which is designed to provide a greater variety of relevant answers for the search queries was introduced.
- The algorithm of detection of pages overspammed with keywords was modified. Now Google will like readable content with minimal occurrence of key phrases in additional areas and on the page in general.
- The number of web projects presented at the first pages of the search results for different key words has become different. Very small sites that are optimized for less competitive word anchors have got a real chance to reach the top surpassing the major portals.
- Some innovations were made in Sitelinks. They relate to improving the ranking system of links and to more correct display of snippets.
- Search by region was improved.
- Search engine can now determine the geographical origin of not only the whole site, but also of its individual pages.
- The language in which the user enters a query now will be especially important for some types of queries.
- Now, if the beginning of the text is relevant to queries it will be displayed exactly as a snippet in the search results. Otherwise, it will show description of the page that was specified in the meta description.
- The Freshness algorithm issuing the latest information was improved. Now, according to the promises of its developers, in recent reports low-quality and non-relevant content will not be shown.
- In order to match the search results of user queries more closely, the Google search engine will use the data of previous queries of the users.
- An improved algorithm for page headers in snippets was introduced. Now they will be more informative.
- The function of words auto-replacement in which the user made a mistake was complemented with a base of 60 languages. Now, even the long queries containing more than 10 words will be checked for errors and automatically adjusted by Google.
- Also some information is received that the algorithm of incoming links to a website analysis has undergone a dramatic change. Google has become better in distinguishing and ignoring spam links, as well as it has reduced the rate on the links from the sites of other topics.
These are a small part of all changes that Google has made. And it is only a beginning. Google’s team is working hard to deliver the most relevant search results and to make the life of web masters harder. So, stay tuned and don’t allow your competitors to overcome you!
Author Bio: This post is written by Kate Merzlova, a tech writer from Intellectsoft, a team of professionals delivering high quality iPhone application development services. Follow us on Twitter @Intellectsoft.